Chapter: Factory Act 1948

Which Section of the Factories Act 1948 defines the term "occupier" of a factory as a person who has ultimate control over the affairs of the factory

A. section 2(n)
B. section 2(m)
C. section 2(h)
D. section 2(k)
Answer» A. section 2(n)

Which Section of the Factories Act 1948 deals with the conditions that exempt the occupier or manager from liability in certain cases?

A. section 71
B. section 101
C. section 110
D. section 95
Answer» B. section 101

As per Section 101 of Factories Act 1948, what are the conditions that exempt the occupier or manager from liability in certain defenses which are punishable under this Act?

A. he has used due diligence to enforce the execution of this act
B. the offence in question was committed without his knowledge, consent or connivance
C. both (a) & (b)
D. none of the above
Answer» C. both (a) & (b)

As per Section-3 of Factories Act 1948, who has the power to make rules for references to time for a day in any area where Indian Standard Time is not ordinarily observed?

A. state labour commissioner
B. chief inspector of the state
C. central government
D. state government
Answer» D. state government

Which Section of the Factories Act 1948 empower State Government to declare different departments to be separate factories or two or more factories to be a single factory

A. section 4
B. section 3
C. section 6
D. section 5
Answer» A. section 4

As per Section 5 of Factories Act 1948, who has the power to exempt any factory or class or description of factories from all or any of the provisions of this Act, for such period and subject to such conditions as it may think fit

A. central government
B. state government
C. state labour commissioner
D. chief inspector of the state
Answer» B. state government

Which authorities carry out the administration of the factories Act, 1948 under the supervision of the State Government?
(i) Inspecting staff
(ii) Certifying Surgeons
(iii) Labour Officers
(iv) Safety Officers

A. (i) & (ii)
B. (i), (ii) & (iii)
C. (i), (ii) & (iv)
D. (i), (ii), (iii) & (iv)
Answer» C. (i), (ii) & (iv)

As per Factories Act 1948, who shall be an Inspector for his district

A. tahasildar
B. sub divisional magistrate
C. labour officer
D. district magistrate
Answer» D. district magistrate

Piece-rate workers are considered workers as per the definition of 'Worker' in the Factories Act, 1948. This statement is

A. true
B. false
C. true in certain cases only
D. false in certain cases only
Answer» A. true

What is the minimum number of workers required in a factory for the mandatory appointment of a Safety Officer

A. more than 500
B. more than 1000
C. more than 750
D. more than 250
Answer» B. more than 1000
Tags
Question and answers in Factory Act 1948, Factory Act 1948 multiple choice questions and answers, Factory Act 1948 Important MCQs, Solved MCQs for Factory Act 1948, Factory Act 1948 MCQs with answers PDF download